Monday, April 9, 2012

aftermath




And now, in the aftermath...
wishing I could sleep

had a great night -
friends, food, family, friskiness -

...disappears into the night,
falls away as my tires roll into the dark,
putting miles between us


... miles between us


pushing the emptiness forward,
drawing out that happiness

like a poison.


~

I wrote the above poem. Don't steal it without giving me credit. Thanks.

~

I wrote that in 2008. That was as close as I ever got to describing the descent into depression that happens when I no longer need to maintain a facade of happiness. It used to happen every time. It's less common now. I'm grateful for that, but I'd like it to go away completely.

1 comment:

  1. Down to my Bones.

    You are not alone.
    I am with you always.

    Because You are with me, always.
    Deeply included, durably alloyed with my framework.

    Down to my Bones.

    ReplyDelete